By Peter Disera, Professional Mountain Bike Athlete & Canadian MTB Champion
This is a recipe that my mom always makes out of the Company’s Coming – Home for the Holidays cookbook. In the last year, I’ve done a little freestyle baking and have filmed a few of my recipes. Make sure to check it out here.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and mix in sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring constantly. Add vanilla and remove from heat.
- Incorporate the following dry ingredients until smooth: flour, baking powder, salt.
- Once smooth and no flour is visible, gently incorporate the coconut flakes and the walnuts.
- Put into a slightly greased baking dish, spread even and slap it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The edges will be chewy and amazing.