Canada continues to improve on international scene
(Ottawa, ON – May 5, 2014) Five Canadian BMXers will make the trip to Papendal in the Netherlands for the second UCI BMX Supercross World Cup of the 2014 season.
The event, which is the last before the Rio 2016 Olympic qualification window opens, will allow riders to improve their individual rankings and contribute to Canada’s quota for the 2015 UCI BMX World Championships.
In the opening Supercross World Cup of the season, Canada’s Tory Nyhaug of Coquitlam, BC raced to the third place, while James Palmer of North Vancouver, BC, qualified for the motos and finished a career-high 25th.
Racing in Papendal begins on Friday, May 10, with the qualifiers and SuperFinals, followed by the motos and main events on Saturday May 11.
TEAM CANADA – 2014 UCI BMX SUPERCROSS – PAPENDAL, NED
- Hayden MECHIELSEN (Langley, BC) [Junior Men] (@HaydenTHEBMXER)
- Tory NYHAUG (Coquitlam, BC) [Elite Men] (@tnyhaug49)
- James PALMER (North Vancouver, BC) [Elite Men] (@jamespalmer66)
- Brandon REID (Victoria, BC) [Elite Men] (@BReid244)
- Amelia WALSH (Ayr, ON) [Elite Women] (@walshie802)
- Ken COOLS, Head Coach (@CoachKenCools)
- Adam MUYS, Development Coach (@AMuys73)
- Alex ICHÉ, Osteopath