Nyhaug, Brown, McCormack to race Supercross race in Abbotsford, BC
(Abbotsford, BC – August 30, 2012) Cycling Canada is happy to announce the athletes selected to represent Canada for the BMX SuperCross (SX) World Cup Finals in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
The final event of the 2012 UCI SuperCross Tour will be held in Abbotsford, BC from September 13th to 15th. Athletes were selected on the basis of proven results and potential ability to be competitive at BMX SX events.
CANADIAN CONTINGENT – 2012 UCI BMX SUPERCROSS, ABBOTSFORD, BC
- Tory Nyhaug (Coquitlam, BC) (Tier 1)
- Jim Brown (Airdrie AB) (Tier 2)
- Connor McCormack (Kelowna BC) (Tier 2)
Athletes interested in participating in the event should contact Head Coach of the Canadian BMX Program Adam Muys at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 4th.
Athletes 17 years and older can participate in the events. Registration cost is $175.
2012 Selection – Funding Levels for National team events
- Tier 1: Athletes with proven performances at UCI world Cup events. [Top 16]
- Tier 2: Athletes with proven abilities at UCI World Cup events. [Top 64 (Men), Top 32 (Women)]
- Tier 3: Athletes with proven performances at UCI Class 3-6 events. Athletes that have shown abilities to excel in SX racing.