Cycling Canada exists to pursue world class results by leading high performance programs and enabling the development of athletes.
Canada is a leading cycling nation, consistently celebrating international competitive success.
Pursuit of Excellence
- Whether it’s defined as success in international competition or the setting of a new personal standard – is a worthy goal, and its pursuit – whether it’s by an athlete, coach, official or administrator – warrants support and recognition.
- Cycling teaches that success – at any age and at any level – is based on self-motivation, dedication, discipline and teamwork: a lesson that benefits cyclists throughout their lives.
- In cycling, as in life, diversity should be respected: cycling is a sport for all.
- Integrity, honesty and respect for fair play provide the foundation on which the sport of cycling is built in Canada.
Lifestyle and Health
- Cycling is a sport for life; it contributes to physical and mental well-being, and provides lifelong opportunities for competition, fitness, recreation and simple participation.
- The ongoing success of Canadian cycling depends on valued volunteers who give freely of their time, experience and expertise.