The Mission of Cycling Canada is to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to acheive Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances.
The vision of Cycling Canada is to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting.
Pursuit of Excellence
- Striving to succeed at the highest levels of competition is a worthy pursuit that warrants support and recognition.
- What is learned in cycling are lessons for life that help build valuable members of society.
- Cycling provides an outlet for self-expression in its speed, risk, physical creativity and free-spirited lifestyle. All types of personalities fit in and differences are respected.
- Integrity is the foundation of all activity, from competition to decision-making to competition to communication.
Lifestyle and Health
- Cycling is a lifelong sport and family activity. It provides a healthy lifestyle that offers physical activity and psychological benefits to all who participate.
- The ongoing success of Canadian cycling depends upon the contribution of volunteers who give freely of their time, experience and expertise.